Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I think any book blogger would have a list of problems related to books. Here are some of mine:
1. I keep staying up late to read books, not just for books that I’m thoroughly enjoying but also for books that I want to finish just so I can move on to the next one. Then I let Future Chachic deal with the lack of sleep and being a zombie at work. (I previously talked about this topic here.)
2. More blog-related than book-related: because of the point above (losing sleep over books), there are nights when I crash right after getting back to the flat at the end of the day. And I miss out on doing blog posts like Top Ten Tuesday even if I originally wanted to participate. This has happened several times.
3. I keep buying books even if I don’t have enough time to read them. The TBR pile just keeps expanding. This also results in another problem which is that I find it difficult to choose what to read because there are so many choices.
4. The heat and humidity in tropical countries (Philippines and Singapore) always makes me worry about foxing in my physical copies. Foxing is when books get age-related spots or turn brown. Even if I stored books inside bookshelves with glass doors, they still age faster than expected.
5. My purse is always heavy because I have my Kindle or a physical copy of a book in it. Whenever I ask a friend or my mom to hold my purse for me, they always say something like, “What do you have in here, rocks?”
6. I have this tendency to forget the details of the books that I’ve read, even if I loved the book. I guess this is only natural because I read so much? But one of the reasons why I like having reviews is that it reminds of my thoughts about that particular title.
7. Moving can be a hassle because I have to pack and unpack books. Which I will be doing this coming weekend because the lease is up in our current flat and my friend and I are moving at the end of the month. I don’t even want to think about how I’ll transport my books when I move back home for good.
8. I need to lose weight. Why is this a book-related problem? Because reading trumps exercising! Sigh, if only reading burned calories, I will be super fit by now.
9. I’m passionate about books and I think it would be great to have a job in the book industry but I don’t see a path to that from where I am currently in my career. Also, I’m that if I do end up in the book industry, will I get tired of books and reading and would want to find a different way of relaxing?
10. I’m currently based in Singapore. I’ve met some awesome bookish people through my blog and I would love to meet them in person but I live halfway across the world from where they are. Also, international shipping is expensive and it sucks that I can’t send as many book packages as I would like to.
What about the rest of you, what are the problems that you have as a reader or a book blogger?